Thursday, March 3, 2011

Conquer Chiari Walk Across America 2011



September 17th, 2011
Brownlow Trail/Pioneer Park
Prescott, AZ

Well, I said I would do it! Last September, I was pretty much bedridden when I heard about the Conquer Chiari Walk. It was so sad to find out that no one had organized a walk in Arizona in 2010. So, I decided last year, that I would organize a walk this year....even if it were from my electric wheelchair and/or walker. BUT GUESS WHAT? I no longer need them since I had neurosurgery on 11-16-2010 (tethered cord release)! I am still very ill and have good days and bad. But...I can do a lot of organizing from my bed. I also found out that there will be TWO walks in Arizona this year! Talk about awareness! Yay!!!!

For those of you that want to help, below you will find a list of things that I will need in the future. The websites are still being set up so, as soon as they are ready, I will let you know.

*Sponsers (Donations are usually tax deductable and donations over $100 will be recognized on the event t-shirts and at the event itself)
*teams for the walk
*team leaders
*item donations (ie: snacks for walkers, door prizes, water, etc)
*volunteers to work water stations
*volunteers for sign ups the day of the events
*volunteers with special talents (ie: face painting, baloon animals, dj, chair massage, etc)
*monetary donations
*does anyone know someone with a jumping castle?
*I will need a lot printing and signs so if you know anyone, please let me know.

https://www.conquerchiari.org/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment