Friday, October 22, 2010

We have a date!


I have been very frustrated. I did my part to get my psych evaul done the day after I found that I was approved for surgery, I got my lumbar puncture as soon as possible, and had all the results faxed right away to the scheduler in New York. Then I left two separate voicemails and sent two emails with no response. Then a week ago I emailed the doctor directly and got an answer right away. Then when the lady tried to cover her bum, she stated that she did not get the psych evaul that was sent nearly 6 weeks ago. Then Dondi resent the evaluation along with the original fax confirmation a week ago. I finally got an email from the scheduler that she had received everything and that it was in my file this past Monday. I quickly emailed back that I would be looking forward to hearing from her. I had also found out that my case worker with social security had requested my records three times. When I called the office, I found out that it was the same lady that had not returned any of my prior voicemails or emails. Imagine my surprise.... No real surprise, I am being facetious. Yesterday, Three days after I had received an email from the scheduler stating she had everything, I still had not heard from her. So, I sent a very FIRM email. It said something to the fact that I have moved very fast on my end to make sure that everything was done, that I had a child that I had to plan for and that my whole family is waiting for her to contact us. I said that I felt that everything had stalled on her end. Guess what? I got a call bright and early this morning! My unconfirmed surgery date is 11/16/2010. The scheduler was going to check with the operating room and send an email confirmation on that date. At lunchtime, I got an email. I was so excited. So I quickly opened the secured email. It is a medical site that you must log into. When I opened the email, I was shocked to see that the email was for another patient. It had her name, date of birth, surgery date, type of surgery, and much more. NICE, REAL NICE! I emailed right back to let her know of the error. Wow, she actually responded to an email asking me to delete the email but never sent my email confirmation. I only hope that my info was not sent to the other patient but if I were to guess, I bet it was! Oh well! Yay--I am getting surgery.....Happy dance! Lets party like it's your birthday! Shake your booty!

No comments:

Post a Comment