Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yay for good dr's


Yay for good doctors! When I was at my neurologist last, I asked for a cognitive function evaul so that I could have a before and after surgery comparison. So, I saw a neuropsychologist today for cognitive function consult. The actual testing will take 4 full hours! Today he did about an hour of discussion and some testing. He was so AWESOME! It is so weird to go in to a dr that is close to my age. The cool thing is that I know that he has not been out of school for too long but he is still fresh in his schooling and has been out of school long enough to be into the full swing of his practice. I also noticed today that the office I went to (a different division of my neurologist office ANI Arizona Neurological Institute). I also noticed that they had neurological Balance practice and neurological Pain control in that same office. Holy Moly, is that a God send or what? I could use both of those. The doctor was so kind. He said that they were booked up to January for the 4 hour long test but that he personally wanted to see that I was tested prior to surgery. Usually techs do the testing but he wants me to call when I have a surgery date and he will personally do the testing on a Friday. He wants to see the results. When we were finished, I asked that he send the report to a few places. He said, it was not problem and he would make sure it was sent. I am always concerned that people may think that I am faking. He then said, "This is not something you can fake". Praise the Lord for sending me to a kind and understanding doctor! Maybe things are turning around. :)

As far as New York, they have all of my paperwork and that is confirmed. Now I am waiting for the same lady to call me to schedule my surgery. The same lady that has never returned an email or voicemail. The same lady that has never sent medical records when requested. I am keeping track. Last week I finally emailed the dr in New York directly and he emailed me back within a half hour. The lady had to cover her hind end and said that she had not received the pscyc evaul. Bull Honkey! When was she going to let me know? Never! I have the fax confirmation and was sure to send it when my sister refaxed it. I strongly dislike when people can not do their jobs! Hopefully she will call me tomorrow by 11am our time in AZ. If not, I will be on the phone. She only works until 3pm in NYC. I guess I will have to be a PIA (Pain in the ace) until she schedules me. So darn frustrating.

My Weston started a new 2nd grade class at Miller Valley today. His new teacher is so fun and exciting. Weston made "four new friends today". Although he can not recall any of their names. He truly is my child. I hope this school works out for him. I do not want to stifle his little happy, exciting, theatrical personality just because a teacher does not want to teach. It is aweful that some teachers just want to sit and play on a computer all day and have the kids work out of a workbook. Another sad thing is that when I called the principal, he was not really that willing to help. We had to split up my step-son and my son. They walked to and from school together often. Hopefully we can rejoin them next year. In the meantime, I hope he flourishes in his new school!

Have a wonderful week everyone! Hope to hear from you soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment