Friday, October 1, 2010

One person may just make that difference






Today I sat with doctors, nurses, friends, family, housekeepers, police officers and so on. They were are all so touching. I can not believe how many people care about my family! One Doctor may have said it best, he told me that he had never heard of Chiari prior to me (Other than a paragraph or so in med school). He said that he was watching Mystery Diagnosis and saw an episode with a ER nurse that had something similar to what I have. He, along with many others also told me how they follow my blog regularly. NICE! Maybe I CAN make a difference. One person can spread the word about Chiari.

Today my friends put together a huge fundraiser at the VA. They even had a band made up of VA employees. They ROCKED the house too. The food was fabulous. There must have been 150-200 people that come through the theater for lunch. It was fun to see my coworkers. There were 50+ items donated for the silent auction. Many of them handmade and beautiful. Again, so touching! They even brought all the left over food to our house.

My support system is the most amazing in the world! I love you all. Thanks for everything you do. My kids are already eating the cookies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment