Friday, September 24, 2010

All clear for surgery!


The weather changed. It gets a little chilly at night now. I spoke a little too soon about being pain free. The cold weather and my body do not like one another.

So yesterday we woke up early and headed to the Valley. My body did not want to move. The warmth of the Valley was inticing. Luckily it was considered a "cool" day for Phoenix and never hit triple digits. I did not realize it but I was a figiting mess. Every song that came on the radio almost had me in tears. I was an emotional wreck. Justin said, "you are nervous". "No I'm not." Was my first reaction. Then the more I thought about it, the more I realized that he was right. After the fiasco with my PCP. When we got to the office, there was a new and cheerful receptionist. Then the neurologist was wonderful. The lumbar puncture results were clear and were faxed to The Chiari Institute. I have called and left a message for the surgery scheduler. Now it is in her hands!

One decision that I made many years ago was to purchase private disability insurance. When I was 19 years old and bought my first home, I purchased the policy. No matter how poor I was, even through nursing school, I always kept the policy. It may have been the best things I have ever done. So, If you do not have private life insurance or disability insurance, go get it today! It may not be much but it is going to keep us from losing our home, car, and will keep our family fed while I am ill and unable to work. As many of you may or may not know, I worked for State Farm for 10 years. If you do not have an agent, feel free to call my friends at Rick Hobbs agency 623-561-8400. No, I am not getting anything out of it. I just want my family and friends to protect themselves!

*Strength comes from struggle, weakness comes with ease...

No comments:

Post a Comment