Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beautiful mess


Weston started gymnastics at the YMCA. I have been home and in bed for 5 months now. I do not want him to miss out on life because I am sick. He has asked me for a while now if he could join gymnastics. So I decided, once again, to "toughen up buttercup". I called and it really is not that much for one child to be in gym so he will be going once a week. I figure, I can be tough once a week. And, if not, once in a while, he could miss. So...he got on his bike and I got on my electric wheelchair and we where off for our approximate block and a half ride. We had to go a little early to fill out the papers and get him to class on time. Getting in the main building was no problem. Then I had to work on the paperwork. As I have discussed before, reading is one of my big problems. I have to really focus and it is hard for me and makes my head hurt. Once that was finished, we moved to the gymnastics building where we ran into hurdle number one, the wheelchair does not fit into the door. It's only a little hurdle, I just can't walk long distances or stand for long periods of time. Then hurdle number two, no one was at the desk to help me. So we stood for about 10 minutes with no one to help me...Oh my head started to ache. Weston and I just sat down for a few minutes and waited. Then when it got closer to his class time, I went and stood at the desk for another five minutes. Then, an angel rounded the corner. My new friend Julie. She is a mother and PTA member at the boy's school. She is also planning meals for our family and is actually bringing us dinner tonight, infact. I must have had that look of shear desperation in my eyes. I told her that it was Weston's first time at gymnastics and that I may have bitten off more than I could chew. She quickly went back to get someone to help me. Oh my, I was so thankful. I can not believe how people just show up at the right time to help me. We got him signed up and he enjoyed it so much! Thank you Julie!

Then we rode our little rides home. I decided to take a short cut which lead to hurdle number three. I usually go through my neighbors driveway. It is much less steep then mine and he does not mind at all. I have gone up my driveway before but something must have changed? Maybe the seat has moved or I had too much stuff in my purse? (evil laugh) Up I start and OH NO I START TO TIP! WTH? "WESTON! COME GRAB MY PURSE! I HAVE TO TURN AROUND FAST" Weston ran over so fast and he was so scared. He grabbed my pursed and said "Mommy, you are going to fall" I had to grab myself with my left leg and it jammed the crud out of my entire back and neck. So, I may have spoke too soon about having a pain free week yesterday. All I could think of was Justin was on his way home and have to peel me up out of the bottom of the drive way. So my adrenaline got me out of the situation and Lexi and I had a good giggle out of my "blondeness" afterward. When Justin got home he just kept telling me to "go lay down and you are a mess". Well, I am a beautiful mess and at least I can laugh at myself and that means a lot. I am sitting here typing this with the biggest smile on my face. I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment