Saturday, September 4, 2010

little piece of heaven


Good Saturday morning!

Going to the Ranch. So excited to see the beauty that the rain has brought us. I bet it is green out there. I bet there are lots of little baby cows running around. It is so fun and exciting to see. If it gets warm enough, the kids will get to play in the creek. It is hard to believe but they have not played in it once this year. I was sick all summer and they never played in the creek. They usually do every-other-weekend all summer long. Hopefully we can get some pictures so we can share the beauty with you.

My mother-in-law just returned from vacation. I can't wait to see her pictures and hear their stories. Oh, I also can't wait for her wonderful home cooked meals. Since I have been sick....I take that back, always, she always cooks for us. It is part of her identity to cook for the ranch hands and her family. We have NEVER had a meal that we did not like. She is officially (next to my own mother), the best cook in the world! She also has every movie we ever wanted to see. We love to go "check out" movies from Grandma's movie store. We have missed them while they were gone. Cooper, my dog that became her dog, missed her the most though. That dog is so freakin spoiled. She gets up and makes him a full breakfast in the morning. He did no know what to do when she was gone and all I gave him was dry dog food. He thought he was so abused. He did not eat for days. I finally broke down and put hot dogs in the food but I refused to "make" the dog food.

So I must endure the "hell on earth" of driving the two mile dirt road to get to our little piece of heaven. But, it will be worth it for a few days in heaven!

Have a safe and fun holiday weekend everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment