Thursday, September 30, 2010

What a difference a healthcare provider makes!


YAY! I went to my new heathcare provider today and WHAT A DIFFERENCE A HEALTHCARE PROVIDER MAKES! Even though I am a medical "train wreck", she made me feel so welcome. She talked to Justin and I for an hour. She ordered a referral to see a cardiologist to see what type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome I have. She did not shut me down and ignore me as my prior provider did. She was genuinely concerned about me as a human being! She also order blood work and they had a lab right in their office. Amazing, just amazing. She even asked Justin how he was handling me being sick. She prepared us both for the possibility of me not returning to work. She made sure that I had a handicap placker for my car, which I had to practically pull teeth to get at my prior doctors office. She went over all of my medications and did not want to change anything that I am currently taking and discussed adding other things in conjunction to keep me out of the ER on the "bad" days. Wow--she actually listened to me! And yep, she did it all in her pink cowboy boots baby! Gotta love Prescott!

So we were in and out of the office, wait time, lab work, requesting prior records in less than an hour and a half. That has to be some kind of record. And, they did not treat us like we were stepping on their toes....Pretty cool stuff!

Prayers are being answered! The little things I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment