Saturday, June 19, 2010

ER experience and some happy times


*First I need a little disclaimers. Sometimes when I am writing, the wrong words come out for ex: right instead of write. I also have a hard time getting things in order. So just hang in there with me and I hope you just find it entertaining. Just laugh with me and not at me!!!!he he he

The week before I saw the neurologist, I had the worst migraines with nausea, light & sound intolerance, with extreme tremors. However, I knew that I had the appointment and I knew that the local hospital could not do anything for me. My husband, mother and I thought long and hard about driving down to Barrows. However, I was so nauseated that I could not move from my darkened room. I had to lay as still as possible with a blackout mask on my face. My body tremored so badly that the entire bed shook. Justin just sat at the end of the bed and watched me lay there for four hours. We decided to stay home and he forced fluids and I take the vicodine and zofran I had at home. The ride to the Valley would be intolerable. When I had to go to the bathroom, my mom had to almost carry me with her arm around my waste. My legs get so weak and wobbly that I can hardly walK, especially when my head hurts?????

Then the evenT with the neurologist occurred.....as discussed in last post.

I had talked to Dondi (my sister with Chiari and Occult Tethered Cord) and told her about the migraine episode and told her that I did not want to go to the hospital due to the way the doctors treated me. She said, "You have to go when it gets like that. Honestly, who cares what they think. I have been treated badly. I think they would treat an animal better than they have treated me." Sad, huh? Our ER doctors are so scourned and hardened that they treat everyone bad! Well, I experienced that first hand. Two weeks after my horrible awaited neuro appointment, my topamax had not had time to kick in. It must be started slowly and not been up to full dose. I, once again, had a horrendace migraine with nause and tremors. The tremors were worse this time. I went from the couch to the bed and tried to relax. They lasted 40 minutes. That is 40 minutes of every muscle in my body contracting and relaxing again and again. Exhausting! I was also scared that they could possibly be seizures? I was not sure? So, taking my sisters advice, I went to the ER. It took Kyler, my twelve year old son and my mother to help me walk (bobble) down the hall, down the stairs and get into the car. When we arrived at the hospital, Ky ran in and go the wheelchair. He wheeled me in directly to the triage area. I was tremoring sooooo bad. However, they make you answer all the stupid questions. My speach also goes downhill when my head hurts. Making the questions more difficult. This entire time, I have the blackout mask on. I arrived right at shift change. Not sure if that is what pissed the dr off but, for some reason, he was in a bad mood. The nurse came in and asked the same damn questions as the triage nurse. Next the doctor comes in and asks them once again! What the heck. Can't they talk? Why does someone suffering so bad and tremoring uncontrolably have to answer the same damn questions three freaking times!!!!!!! Then without warning, the doctor reaches down and yanks the blackout mask off my face. Yep, that is right ladies and gentlemen. A person suffering from intractable migraine with photophobia and the doctor took the mask off without the courtesy of telling the patient. My son Kyler is about to cry. He is so scared. He had never seen me tremor before. He was not home the prior episode of extreme tremor. Then to see the doctor to be so degrading and act so vile to the woman he loves the most. He did not know how to respond. He did know it was not right. Hopefully he comes away with a life lesson. Hopefully he learns that everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity no matter your preconception. I have talked to him about it. I believe he did learn from it. Yeah, something good came from something so bad. Oh by the way, they did give me meds and I did feel better but Dondi is right. Animals would have been treated better....Sad but true.

Now, I promised I would share some good times. Wessy is staying mostly with his dad for the summer. But I think he may be one of my best medicines. He is such a lover. I told him that I had short term memory loss so he would have to hug me and tell me that he loves me cuz I keep forgetting. So when I say, "I forgot something". He smiles and runs over to hug me and says "I love you". So sweet. Kyler has made the Allstars so he is practicing everyday. Busy, busy, busy! He is growing up into such a fine young man. He keeps me company most days and helps out A LOT! I also discovered that I really like to be outside since I don't get out much. Justin took me downtown the other morning. I drank my coffe on a bench on the square in Prescott. If was 71 degrees and beautiful. The water fountain was flowing, the birds chirping, and the hum of Harley motorcyles rolling down the road.were nice to hear. Later that same day, Justin took me to the little boys school and layed out a blanket for me. He and Jake played catch and shot each other with the airsoft guns. It is really funny cuz they are not always so soft. I am really enjoying the time at home. Can't wait until I can get around a little more. Today Traci took me to Costco. I used the electric cart. I had it pegged. The do not go fast but the do really good U-turns. And, I was really proud that I only curb checked once. Better than my vehicle driving! Until next time, ENJOY YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment