Thursday, June 17, 2010

My many thanks!

I needs to start by thanking my hubby, my sisters, mom, dad, coworkers, and friends. First Justin has quickly jumped in to do everything that he can beyond working his regular job, doing work on the ranch every weekend, and finishing up as a baseball coach for Jake's baseball team. He is a busy guy. However, he has done dishes, drove kids around, thrown together meals, etc. My sister Traci came right up when I was in the hospital. We had all the kids, going all different directions, that weekend and frankly needed help. She co-owns the second home in Prescott with us and loves, loves, loves our kids. We had not called anyone else due to my level of stress (of not knowing what was going on), difficulty speaking, and migraines. I did not want or need visitors, I needed rest. I had a Nazi Nurse that put a sign on the door and would not let anyone in. Traci was up strictly to help Justin. She was huge help. When Saturday came around and I realized Traci had to go back to work, I called my mom and begged her to come (not really). I always know I can call my mom or dad and they will be there. She was up the next day to help get the kids ready for school. Thank goodness. She had cooked, cleaned, drove me around, grocery shopped, took me to endless appointments etc. My dad was up for a week too. Luckily when he was up, I had one of my best weeks. My mom was back and fourth to her home since my step-father has had health speed bumps of his own. I think she spent a total of 4-5 weeks here. My sister Kristi has listened to me cry, has listened to my bad jokes, and listened to me laugh at myself. She is the one who made friends with a family of a Dr who has a wife that has been ill for several years (10+ years). They live in New Mexico. And by chance that Dr's wife, has Chiari. When Dondi (my other sister) was sick, several years ago, the Dr looked at her MRI and discovered she had the illness after several misdiagnosis. So, in a round-about-way, Kristi is the reason, I have hope for the future! Now Dondi, she has been sick her entire life. Migraines, lord knows what else because she does not complain, ever. She is the oldest and therefore is like a second mom to me. She has always been a caretaker to me. She listens to me whine and cry, and just says it is nice that someone else understands how she feels. I am so sorry that she has suffered in silence for so long. I am not as strong as her. I would have gone postal by now if I were her. At least I have a direction thanks to her and Kristi's friend. I am the baby and they all treat me that way still. I am 32 years old and they all love me, or at least I think they do! Next post I will talk about my endless appointments and er visits. You will be shocked. Animals may be treated better. Until then, love y0ur family. Live as you know if may just change.......

2 comments:

  1. You (and your family!) are amazing. I'm so glad you're telling your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOps...I just realized that I forgot to state that my amazing coworkers are calling me, bringing me and the family food every week. They are truly amazing people!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete