Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Top 5 Brain Misfires


When I was laying in bed last night I thought that some of you may find it amusing that my mind is misfiring. Well, not that it is misfiring but the way that it manifest itself. Here a my top 5 so far, in no particular order. ENJOY!


1. I was making conversation with Kyler and his twelve year old friend about all stars. I asked them when they were going to get their "costumes". Oops, meant to say uniform. Not cool mom. Oh no....I am one of those mothers.....nerdy


2. When typing out Spongebob, I typed Spudbob. Look out everyone, there is a new cartoon character, a potato with square pants.


3. One of my friends came up to talk to my dad and I. I see her almost every day. For the life of me, I could not think of her name. Embarrassing. Again, last night, Justin asked me her name. Blank mind...... However at 11:00 pm last night, when I was sleeping, I remembered. So guess what? I woke him up and told him. "Carrie! That's her name. Carrie!" He had no Idea what I was even talking about. Now he know how I feel.


4. Vicodine and QVC to no mix. That is all I am going to say.


5. I tried to drive to lunch the other day. Remember, the part of my brain being squeezed, is the part affected by alcohol (coordination, sight, balance, etc). Driving is not a good idea. Luckily, Ky and Lexi (Both 12) had just gotten in with grandma and grandpa. I pulled up to a four-way stop. When I attempted to push on the break, my foot did not work. When it got back to my brain that my foot was not working, my body overcompensated by pushing even harder on the break. Well.....needless to say, that made me stop really hard and really fast. It also made a loud squealing noise. Oh, my goodness....The kids would have totally told on me. I have not driven since!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there : ) I am sooo impressed with your up-beat attitude through all of this. Know you are and have been in our prayers as well. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help out.

    Love you -- Cyn and Mike Rathjen

    ReplyDelete