Saturday, June 12, 2010

Medical Mystery Journey Begins......

I am currently under pressure mentally, physically, and emotionally....

On 4/29/2010 I started felling flu-like symptoms at work. When I went home I made dinner, as usual, then curled up on the couch with a sweater and blanket. Justin, my hubby, knew that I did not feel well but that was nothing new. I have often had times that I have felt bad. He took Jake, my step-son to their game. My two boys and I stayed home. Kyler was doing homework and Wes was playing Lego's. When I got up to go to bed, I was unusually stiff (in all my joints and neck), weak and unable to stand up straight. My knees ached, my head began to stab with a migraine, and the shiffering began. I layed in my bed and Wes layed next to me and played. Ky got into the bath. I suddenly noticed that my word finding became difficult and I was stuttering (or I thought, I later found that it is actually cerebellar ataxia). I asked Wes to ask me to say something back to him to see if I was speaking funny. When he said that i was speaking funny, I told him to calmly get his brother and that he may have to call 911. Bless Kyler's little heart. He got out of the tub so fast that he did not even drain it. He wrapped himself in a towel and came in to talk to me. He then called Shanna (my friend and hubby's ex-wife), to come and get Weston. Next he called 911. He stayed so calm throughout this whole ordeal. Amazing for a 12 year old, hormone filled, boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment