Sunday, June 20, 2010

Gratitude/ fathers day/ upcoming appointments

<----Dondi and I in Silver City, NM in February,2010.

I have the best family, friends and coworkers. Who knew? I had only worked in my new position as the Blue Team RN for 6 weeks when I got sick. However, they have been so supportive. Can you believe that they have brought my family food every week for the last 8 weeks! That is longer than I worked in their department. They are like having 15 extra, loving, mothers. They also call, email, and text to make sure I am okay. I have worked at the VA for approximately three years total. Most of that time was in the ICU at night. Do you want to hear something even more amazing? My generous coworkers, from all over the VA, HAVE DONATED OVER 200 HOURS OF ANNUAL LEAVE TO MY FAMILY! That is outstanding and makes me tear up almost daily when I think about it. That means that I have been paid for an additional 200 hours more than I had as leave. People can truly be amazing and it makes me happy.

Today is Father's Day. Money is tight so I bought Justin a T-shirt from Costco. I know, I am a cheapo but Justin is really worried about our financial situation. However, my sister Traci swept and mopped the kitchen floor, made breakfast, prepared lunch, and bought up a nice patio table and chairs, and a new BBQ grill! So, Justin did not make out too bad. Well it is a good gift for all of us. A summer full of yummy food and relaxation. He kind of has a second wife without that one benefit. ha ha. The kids and Justin are getting ready to get into the hot tub. What a way to top off a fun filled Father's day for them.

I had a rough morning. In fact, the migraine, tremors and nausea were so severe they warranted a ER visit but you know how that goes. So, I self medicated, forced fluid, and finally slept for several hours. Another thing I am worrying about is the next torturous trip to the neurologist. My appointment is Tuesday. I have made another list of things I need from him. I will not leave until I get them. He may have to call security. Not really, well we'll just have to see how it goes. :) Hopefully in the meantime, I will hear from NY. Will have to continue to receive my meds from neurologist here. Have a primary care doctors appointment on Friday. Hopefully that will go good as well. Have decided that I am going to apply for social security disability. There are so many people on it that are not even close to being as disabled at I. I am to the point that I can't even walk 20 feet. And, that 20 feet needs great assistance. I may breakdown and get the walker that has been recommended. Can you imagine? I am 32. 8 weeks ago I was running/walking 6 miles a week and weight training. What happened? Any ideas? Please, someone help me? I am getting desperate.....

2 comments:

  1. I have been keeping you in my prayers. We love you and hope things work out good for you and your family. I am hoping the Drs appointment goes beter then the past ones. If you need anything at all please let me know I am just a phone call or text away. Or if you need me to come get the kids for a few days. We now have some room so they could stay here or if they prefer Pop and Nellis and I keep a eye on them. We love you and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you so much. If you need anything let me know. I'm the queen of cheap now and I've found lots of resources on the internet that could help you out. After I get Darrel's potty training a little bit more predictable, we're coming to see you. Know we're thinking about you and hoping the NY center gets a hold of you soon.

    ReplyDelete