Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What goes around comes around


When I was a nursing student, I was the Student Nursing Association President for the local chapter. When we first started, the participation was minimal. However, when our group graduated, there were 30 active members. We raised funds to send 8 members to the National Student Nursing Association Convention. We also donated numerous hours to information input and shopping for "Dress-a-Child", a local program to provide clothing for children in need. There were many other things we did to help others. Needless to say, we were killing ourselves in nursing school and somehow felt a need to push the envelope a little further to give to others.....Well, I was just notified by the Yavapai College administrative assistant that the current Student Nursing Association had started "Ellie's Angel's" and are offering services such as driving people in need to dr appointments, to the grocery stores, and to do errands, etc. She is providing them my contact information so that they will be able to assist me. Isn't that the neatest thing you have ever heard?

The same day, I heard from another friend from nursing school. She said that she had put me on her prayer list at church. How nice is that? So complete strangers are praying for me!


One of the most touching moments was when my dear friend Stephanie told me that every time her daughter prays, she includes me in her prayers. Her daughter has never met me but somehow finds it in her heart to think of me in her prayers! Wow, Steph--you have outdone yourself there!


Kristi, my outstanding sister, is coming to visit this next weekend. She and her family have fasted and prayed as well for me. See, proof that this world is actually full of caring, kind, loving people.


So remember, what you put out in the world does come back around......




1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful that with the right attitude any hardship we encounter can turn into an opportunity to grow, to love and to receive love. Hang in there, Kelli!

    ReplyDelete