Monday, August 30, 2010

Benefit fun












Below: Todd, Memphis, and I. She is riding on my walker and loving it! (I also put the flower in her hair, too cute.)



I am not sure of the exact number but I think there was near 70 people at my medical benefit dinner. WOW! I am also not sure of the number of items I had for silent auction but they helped out tremendously. That is where I really made the most money towards my medical fund. The Tim Cox painting brought in $400.00. Amazing that those nice people were kind enough to donate it to our family. My mother-in-law bought it and will proudly display it in the house on our family ranch, Square M Ranch in Kirkland, AZ. My daddy also made a really cool wok out of a plow disk and horse shoes. People were really excited about that. My friend Christie got it and is torn between putting it up on the wall or actually using it. Maybe she can do both but not at the same time. hee hee. Here is a big THANK YOU for all the hard work of my family and friends, for all the donations, and for all those that showed up in support of our family! The Wyndham in Prescott is beautiful. The rooms have been remodeled and are really a good size. They went above and beyond to treat us like ROCK STARS! When you stay there, you get one free drink in the bar, 15% off your dinner in the restaurant, and a free real breakfast of your choice! Please support them if you have any family coming into town. They did great! They even donated 4 rooms to us. AMAZING! They are already working with Christie and Traci about a bike run sometime in October as a fundraiser. I stayed up until 2:45 with close friends chatting up a storm. However, I am still paying for that. I have not gotten out of bed much in the last 30 hours. Every joint in my body is screaming at me! That is okay though, it was so worth it!






No comments:

Post a Comment