Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fantastic fundraiser results


The bowling and baked good fundraiser was fantastic! So many people showed up that we filled the entire bowling alley. I think the owner was shocked and the bartender was really happy, to say the least. I think she would have had, maybe, eight bowlers from 2-5pm if we would not have taken over. There were so many baked goods that we covered the entire pool table and another table twice. I got to bring home some peach cobbler and I think it may be the best I have ever had!


It was difficult to be upright and to talk and pay attention for three hours straight. So if I talked to you, I may not remember. I think my memory problems are a defense mechanism from pain. At one point, I was choked up. People continue to be so generous. Thank you just does not seem to be enough but I am going to say it anyway....THANK YOU. I really appreciate everyone that took time out of their weekend to come. Some drove a great distance. My sister and her family drove over 8 hours each direction. Others came up from the Valley. However, I don't think they minded getting out of the heat. Many, cooked the lovely baked goods that were so yummy and 100% profit for our fundraiser. Others bowled their little hinney's off. Some just came and donated money to our family. We thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts. We raised more than expected and enough for our next flight and most of our hotel stay (14 days). I am off to my first appointment on August 22nd-25th. So wish us luck! Hopefully it will lead to some much needed relief.

1 comment: