Monday, July 5, 2010

Little lights/ 4th of July


A few weeks ago Kyler needed a ride to physical therapy and Justin could not take him. I told him that if all else failed, "Grab a helmet and sit in the middle!". We have an SUV and I was teasing him that I would drive. Ha ha. He smiled but did not see the humor as I did!


The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. My husband and I were a little sad that we didn't get to be involved in any of the community festivities this year. However, there were some really bright spots in my weekend I want to tell you about! Justin took Ky down to participate in the parade Saturday. All the allstars were in it. When they left, I flipped on the TV just in time to see the Matt's Saloon float being pulled by the T & H Construction (The company Justin works for) transport truck. Justin and several others worked so hard on Friday to make sure it looked good for the parade. Then I got to see my handsome man Kyler and his teammates too! Yay! The upside was....when the crowd was too loud, I turned the TV down. Another upside was that I was in the house with my fan on me so I was not too hot. And finally, I did not have to park or walk a million miles. Thank goodness for whoever decided to put the parade on TV. Yeah!


Sunday I had some little visitors. I hope I can remember all of their names. If not, I have the excuse that my brain is being squeezed! Well the story starts back in high school. I went to high school with Mike Watts. His wife Liz, works at Costco. Love her. When I first met her (many years ago), I felt the honesty and kindness in her soul. We have both had busy lives and have not gotten together but always talk when we see each other. She has Alex 14, Addie 9?, Tyler 8?, and Erin 3. Three girls and a boy. Kyler knew we were having visitors but didn't know that one of them was going to be a 14 year old girl. His face was priceless. The really funny thing is that he almost came out in his underwear and I said our company is coming up the driveway so he ran back in and put his pj's on. Guess what they were? SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS pjs! How funny is that? You can't try to be cool in those. He was in and changed faster than I have ever seen a kid move. Funny. Well, back too all the little ones...They had made me "Princess and The Frog" Cupcakes. They are so cute and sooooo yummy. We all sat down and ate them together. The kids were all on their way to the water fun at the 4th of July celebration but they wanted to stay with me! Oh, I loved them. They can come brighten my day any day!!!!


Later on the 4th, my in-laws came over. We had a BBQ, ate on the porch, and had a nice visit. Later, Justin and I sat in the hot tub. The weather was just PERFECT!


Look out though, next year.....We will be out on the town.....


1 comment:

  1. So glad you have friends that come to visit you. They sound like little angels sent to brighten your day...and Ky's (HA)

    ReplyDelete