Saturday, July 17, 2010

Unexpected angel/Justin's 20 year Reunion


The other day, Ky and I were sitting around waiting for his game when I got a call from Holly. She was out running around and wanted to know if I needed anything. Justin, my hubby, is so busy with work, the ranch, running kids around, etc, that I hate to ask him to do simple Wal-mart runs. So I said, "Please.....Take me to Wal-mart". I also needed to run by the dr's office. So when she came, I asked Ky if he little ones could stay and watch TV with him while we ran around a little bit. He is so cool. He loves little kids and he is really good with them. So he watched the three little ones while we went and did our thing. Then when we got home, I was exhausted and had to lay down. Holly and I don't know each other that well but she is the one that brought us the groceries the other day. She put away the groceries, cleaned out my fridge, emptied my dishwasher, and filled it! Now I would say that is pretty amazing!!!!


Last night was Justin's 20 year reunion. Wow, what happened? I remember when I eight years old going to the family picnic for my mom's 20 year reunion in Clifton, AZ. I fell and skinned my knee and Mike Schade (may he rest in peace) put some kind of drinking alcohol on it. Hey, it must have worked cuz I did not get an infection and I am still here today. However, I remember those people being OLD! Holy cow are we really in that age group? What the hell happened? All I can say is that I am like a fine wine and have gotten better with age! ha ha ha ha ha I left my walker at home (speaking about getting old, oh darn, I'm old). We did arrive early and found some high stools to sit on. That way no one would see me shaking. When I did stand, I would use Justin to steady me. He was really good to walk with me to the bathroom. At one time he was not around though and I really had to go. I looked at the door a few times in dread. I figured I could make it to the door but was not sure how I was going to make it from the door to the bathroom. Lord have mercy, I was off. I used the chairs along the table to stable myself. Then I made it to the door and turned the corner in hopes of seeing Justin. I did not see him anywhere. I did, however see an angel. Oh my goodness, it was Chris Wilson. I whispered to her, "Will you walk me to the bathroom?" A friend of her said jokingly, "What you can't go alone?" For a brief moment, I was defeated but quickly told her "I have a neurological problem." She felt bad. That was not my intentions but people should not be so catty. I could not say enough "thank yous" to Chris. I was so glad to see her. Justin was sure to stand by my side the rest of the evening. It was so great to be out and about among adults.


I hope to see you all at the fundraiser on July 31st in Prescott. Please feel fee to email KNitschke@hotmail.com. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment