Friday, July 2, 2010

Rodeo History/ Dance


Kyler went to the Rodeo and dance last night. Oh my, he was so cute! He has that 80's style longer hair and had a black cowboy hat on and boots. He put on his little wranglers. Well, I say little but they are adult size. He is so handsome. I should have taken a picture but we were in a hurry. Justin and I had just rushed to take Weston to his dads. Kyler had just finished practice, quickly ate, showered, and dressed. Then he was off. He is so lucky that Shanna includes him in EVERYTHING. Thanks Shanna and Clint. I guess when you have so many kids, what is one more? And for those that do not know, Shanna is my husbands ex-wife. I know we are weird! Clint's cutie pie Collin stayed the night with Jake, Lexi, Weston, Ky, Justin and I the other night. Collin is 5 and he kept saying "I cant believe I am staying the night. I am riding in you truck Justin!" and cute things like that. It is nice for the kids that we all get along. Kyler is alone with us a lot and Shanna lives a block away. So, he is over there almost daily. He is pretty easy though and keeps Jake entertained. Shanna also helps by taking him to and from some of his physical therapy appointments for his ankle. He twisted it near the end of the regular season.


Prescott is buzzing with people. The rodeo has been going on all week. It is cool. Justin's family has been ranchers in this area for 5 generations. I believe it was in the 1860's when they moved here. They were among the ranchers that got together for fun and began making a game of their work and that is how the rodeo began. Yep, Justin's relatives invented the rodeo and now every year in Prescott they celebrate "The Worlds Oldest Rodeo". We have a few books on the history of Prescott and it has the story of the Carter Ranchers. I think that is neat!!!!


Have a fun and safe 4th of July weekend. The weather should be wonderful. I checked the 10 day forecast and it said 83 degrees. Wow-couldn't be nicer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment