Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rainy day lunch with friends


Yavapai College nursing graduation. Pictured here receiving an award for a one-year membership to the Arizona Nurses Association.


I slept until 10 am this morning! The medicine I take for nausea knocks my butt out!!! As you may have read, I was worn out from going to the game and a little sad about Ky moving to his dad's in Arkansas. I was nauseated, tremoring, and somewhat achy from the ride and sitting through the game. That is a lot for my body to go through. The emotions affect me too! When something upsets me, almost immediately my body starts to shake and a stabbing pain goes from the base of my skull through my left eye. It is kind of weird. The human nervous system is really amazing when it is working correctly and when it goes haywire, it is even more amazing. Drs are perplexed. No wonder they are scared of me!

It was a good thing Kyler woke me up at 10am. My friends and coworkers from the VA had invited me to lunch today and one of them had planned to pick me up @ 11:15. It is yet another baseball cap kind of day and my legs are not getting shaved! My poor husband. About seven of us met for a nice lunch at the Rooster Cafe. Yummo! The really nice thing is that we sat on the porch and it rained. Prescott has such perfect weather in the summer. I brought Kyler home some lunch too and had to remind him that he has the best mom in the whole wide world. I will not let him forget that and I even made him say it with a smile. ha ha That was because dessert and a drink was part of the deal too.

I left a third message for the Chiari Institute in New York. This time it was for the surgical coordinating nurse. If anyone is going to be accountable, I would think it would be the nurse ;). The message was left yesterday at 9am and now it is 2pm (5pm NY time) the following day. What the heck? Maybe the whole place is on vacation (for two weeks ha ha)? I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt. At least I know that I am approved to go there. That is a relief in of itself!

Have a wonderful relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment