Thursday, July 29, 2010

Freedom, sweet freedom

Just a cute puppy pic

Okay....Today is the day....I got a little freedom back! Mrs Pat permanently loaning me her electric cart. Yesssssss....Now I don't have to depend on others, all the time, if I need to do something. I can also go meet the kids when they get out of school in the afternoon. Anything to get out of the house. Another bonus, when the I don't have a migraine, I can help in Weston's classroom in small spurts. Yeah!


So Mrs Pat picks me up early in hopes to beat the heat. The weather is nice. We get to her house, she shows me all the bells and whistles. This thing has a horn and a light people. It is big time. It has a speed control from minimum to maximum. Where do I put it? It is pegged to maximum. Then I am off....I look to the left (West of Prescott) and the sky is black and I hear a loud thunder. I have 2.5 miles to ride home. Oh goodness, here goes----pegged. Luckily, there is a bike lane most of the way. Sprinkles start about a quarter mile into my journey. The clouds are building and following me. It is almost like they are taunting me. The thunder is louder and louder. I keep thinking "If I can make it to Waters Nursery, I can get under their balcony" then "If I make it to Wal-mart, I can go inside". So I was setting little goals along my route. Then as I passed by the Iron Springs Cafe, an employee saw me and said, "You had better hurry". Then he ran toward his car and said, "I have an extra umbrella in my car". I said, "thanks, I will bring it back". He said, "No, Just keep it on your cart". People continue to amaze me! Everywhere there are little angels. So and I kept going with my red cart and new red umbrella and all I could do is SMILE. I was so happy. I am sure it was a funny site but again, I don't care. I was out of my house, had an umbrella, a lovely red electric cart and singing the song "Go Speed Racer" in my head. It is the little things that make me happy these days.
By the way, the sky opened up when I got home.....

No comments:

Post a Comment