Friday, July 23, 2010

Walmart adventure


Weston and his best buddies 4/2010

Weston has a soul-mate best friend. They were in the same kindergarten class and first grade. Somehow I doubt they will be in the same second grade class. Weston's first grade teacher had been teaching for 29 years when she had them. She told me that they were so "in-tuned" with each other that sometimes they were in their own world and did not even hear here. She also told me that sometimes she would just say, "you are wearing me out". These boys LOVE Star Wars. I think their true friendship began in the summer between kindergarten and first grade when Jared's mom had a "Star Wars" party for a bunch of boys. They brought their favorite Star Wars toys and watched the movies. Like I said true friendship began..... There are about 5 boys (pictured above) that are probably going to be friends from kindergarten to their senior year. They are that connected! It is so cool to see. Jared's little brother Zack is just a year younger and is right in there with them. Jake, Weston's bonus brother is just a year older. Then there is Taylor. She is Jared and Zack's little sister. She is four but will be five in the fall. So all five are between the ages of 4-8. (Scary thought, they may all be in high school at once!)
Deborah and I have been friends since Weston and Jared became friends. Well, what can I say? Weston did good picking his friend and his friends mom! I love her. She is very similar to my sister Kristi. She is so kind and has been asking what she could do to help me recently. She emailed me the school supply list. Yep, the dreaded school supply shopping...With 5 kids under eight. Holy out of control! Actually, they were pretty good but it was a little crazy. Thank goodness Deborah (she must be the most organized mother in the world) had brought another copy of the 2nd grade list. My goodness--we have to supply the whole school these days! Weston was coming at me with supplies like a little hurricane on crack! The list helped me keep him on budget.
Once that was under control, we got his little white hair cut. He has this cowlick in the front. People just love it. However, everyone ALWAYS want what we don't have, right? He finally grew out the front so that it lays flat and he was so adamant that he did not want his hair cut short. He is at the age that they start worrying about image. Too weird. Well, when his haircut was almost done, Taylor came into the salon and gave him the "thumbs up" so he immediately felt better about his hair cut. If she thought it was good, he was good with it. Kids are too cute.
I had rested for three days prior to the Wal-mart trip and I am sure it will take me a couple to recover but it was worth it. Kids are so fun and amazing. They really brought a smile to my face.
Karra has a softball tournament this weekend here in Prescott. Can't wait. I think I will finally get to watch a full game of hers. I don't think I watched a full game this whole year. First of all, we had three boys playing at the same time during the regular season, then I got sick and missed the end. So, come hell or high water, I am attempting a full game this weekend!!! So-Good luck Karra and the Lady Hawks 16U softball team!

No comments:

Post a Comment