Monday, July 26, 2010

My daddy is sick

Dad, me, Justin, Nelli
(look at my body language. I am leaning back toward my dad. I love him so much!)

My dad had a stroke this weekend. Unfortunately, he was in a small town. It is very, very, very frustrating. He was told that if he were at a larger hospital, he would be on the surgical table, WTH? Then fly his butt out. What is wrong with people? I did not get called until the next day at 3:30pm. Otherwise, I would have been jumping up and down making them move him! There are things they can do in the first few hours that they can not do otherwise. The hospital was just going to release him home yesterday, to the middle of nowhere. and 3-4 hours from any hospital with surgical/neurological/ care. Again, WTH? I STRONGLY suggested otherwise. Usually, a stroke is a "warning" sign for the "BIG" one. I am getting info second hand so I am not sure how much is even correct. Remember the old game of elephant? My dad is at St Joe's as I sit here and the last I heard, they were waiting on an MRI. He had lost control of half his body. Not even sure if he has gained that back yet? At first, when my stepsister called me, she was more concerned about some thyroid nodules they found. I said listen, "If he is dead, his thyroid doesn't matter! Even if it is cancer. We can deal with that later." I am so sad and so frustrated that the healthcare workers did not work harder to get him a bed in Phoenix. Hell, I would have done it myself if I would have known. That is one of the jobs I did at the VA for goodness sakes! I am not below calling around for a freaking bed!!!!!! My dad is so special to me. I have all these memories flashing back from when I was little and even when he has rescued me as an adult. He loves me and I love him. Lord, please be with him and let him be okay....

No comments:

Post a Comment