Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tetherd Cord info/Video link


Tethered Cord= the connective tissue in the base of the the spinal cord is attached and pulled too tight. This caused problems with urinary function, leg weakness, etc. Then it causes problems by pulling the brain down into the spinal cololmn causing symptoms such as migraines, dizziness, numbness in hands and feet, nausea and many other symptoms. If you are interested, there is a video on The Chiari Institute website that explains this more in detail. http://www.chiariinstitute.com/Videos/index.html It is 40 minutes long but if you keep track of were you stop, you can stop and start again. It is really informative.
I had a very rough night last night and day so far. If it were not for my spine, my brain would be in my butt! So, my spinal cord is pulling down so hard that my brain is being pulled into my spinal cord. The bones and muscles know that this is not right so they are fighting back. This causes intense pain and burning. It is just uncomfortable. I can't find any way that I can lay that feels right.
I have a few things to look forward to though! Saturday the 31st we will be having the first fundraiser at Plaza Bowl in Prescott from 2-5pm. Hopefully it will be a good turnout. I have sent flyers to all my Facebook friends, emailed others, and sent letters to the local radio stations and newspaper. The other thing I have to look forward to is my trip to NY, many people have to wait much longer than I have. I am pushy though and started sending my paperwork as soon as I left the hospital on May 4th. Thankfully, my sister advised me on what I needed to get done and what needed to be sent. I do have a lot to be thankful for but sometimes it is hard to remember when everything hurts so bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment