Sunday, July 18, 2010

Worn out!

Justin and I at the Firehouse in Prescott July 2010

Justin's reunion weekend has been fun but I am now worn out! He is officially the BEST husband now. When I got sick in April and did not get better, we thought that going to his 20 year reunion was out of the question. And when I weakened and required a walker to walk, I decided that it was definitely out of the question. As the time grew closer, I could see that Justin really wanted to go and I really, REALLY, REALLY wanted to get out of the house. So a few nights before we discussed the possibility of him just walking everywhere with me to stabilize me and me just bucking up and going. I figured that if he missed this, he may have hard feelings as this is something that only comes around once every 20 years! My sister Dondi (the one that has the same illness as me) also told me to just "rest up and take the medicine" that that is "what the medicine is for". True true. I DID IT. I went out with Justin two nights in a row. Now I was not cutting the rug but we did get one, partial, slow dance in. Most of the time we were hanging out with his old friends chatting and having a few drinks. It was so fun. I don't know if it was as fun as it seemed or if it was blown out of proportion due to the fact that I have not been out of the house in THREE MONTHS PEOPLE!







I woke up the other day and realized that three months of my life have gone by since I was hospitalized. That means that I have not worked, that I have not driven, and I have not done much else for three full months. The weird thing is that I can't even remember most of it. A quarter of a year has been lost. The good thing is that I have been able to spend time with Kyler before he moves to his dad's in Arkansas. He has grown up a lot this summer. He has fed me, laughed at me, protected me, and laughed with me. He is in Texas right now. The little turkey got to fly, last minute, with his grandmother to a wedding last Saturday. When they lost the district championship, his grandma turned to me and said "Can he fly with me in the morning to Houston for my dad's wedding?" I said sure. So we were fumbling around trying to get him a ticket late at night, the day before he was to fly out. The round-trip price was $800! Holy cow! That was way too much. So we played around and found a way to get him a one-way ticket and have him drive back with his aunt. So we were totally teasing him that he was going to get the "cavity" search since we bought the ticket the night before and it was a "one-way" ticket. He just smiled at giggled at me. His dad was driving to Texas from Arkansas and he has not seen him since spring break. Ky was sooooo excited to surprise his daddy and baby brother and sister. You should have seen us running around the house throwing his cloths together. I am sure it was a funny scene.







Back to the reunion....Mike Loll, Justin's long-time buddy just rekindled an old flame with an awesome girl named Deborah. I am so excited to have "couple" friends. We talked and laughed all night. Way to go uncle Mikey! There were also so many awesome people that went to school with Justin. It was so fun meeting you all. I hope to keep in touch. Please feel free to call or email when you are in town. I can see why he wanted to go to the reunion to be reunited with you all! I do have to say I think I got the best catch from the class of 1990 though! ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment